Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Urge to travel....

I'm getting the travel itch...

I love our dogs Romeo and Toby and our 1 year old kitty, Janice "Tiny Paws of Fury", but sometimes, I wish we could just be able to take off without having to find a petsitter, or burden Ryan's mother once again with them. (They're a handful, believe me)

It would also be nice to tell our employers that, "Hey! We're going on safari, see ya in a month!"

With student loans to pay off and the real world getting in the way, how are we ever supposed to make travel a priority? I don't want to wait until we're too old to enjoy it! I like the idea that Tim Ferriss has: take mini-retirements throughout your life....I could live with that! If we get our student loans out of the way in the next 4-5 years, that could become a reality.

For now, we're limited to weekend excursions and the occasional 5 day trip...but one day...we're going to be completely mobile! (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment