Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another old post

So I guess you could say I'm reminiscing :)

September 17, 2008

The presidential election is like PerezHilton news all of a sudden. It's like, so and so makes so much money, oh yeah, well so and so's wife is worth a katrilliion dollars.....oh yeah? Well Palin shot a moose! This is ridiculous!! This is why we have so many problems! Too much negativity and "I'm right, you're wrong" mentality.
Instead of "hating" a candidate, realize that deep down, all of us are doing the best that we can. If the candidate you didn't vote for wins this election, don't be a sore loser! Support the person who is leading our country, whomever it may be. They may make a few bad decisions, but they are probably doing what they think is best. I have never been under the sort of pressure and sense of responsibility that the President has, so I can say with confidence that I have no idea if I could do any better!
Sure, it's easy for me to say, "Well if I ruled the world and it was called "Brandyland", we would use energy more efficiently and not be in wars and I definitely wouldn't screw up the economy" but the fact is: I would have to face each problem as it is handed to me and do the best that I can, it might turn out to be the worst decision of all time, but I'm only human and I expect myself to make mistakes. Why can't we be that forgiving of everyone?
Basically, what I'm saying is this: have a lil frickn compassion and empathy for people. Whether they're government officials, Britney Spears, or your methhead uncle Bob who can't keep a job. Also, vote and be passionate about who you vote for....but that doesn't mean you should belittle or disrespect another persons views just because they doesn't match up with your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment