Monday, May 21, 2012

Jacksonville Suns Baseball

This weekend Ryan and I faced a dilemma: we had a free Sunday afternoon and a very limited amount of money in cash because both of our debit cards had to be cancelled. Why were they cancelled? Well, apparently, the privacy information was compromised somewhere in the US that Ryan used his debit card, so they froze his account when we were in Paris! Then, when we got home from Rome, I got a call that 2 transactions had been denied in Rome...even though I was no longer there.  Sigh. So, because of some crazy people trying to steal our hard earned moola, we are without debit cards for at least another 3-5 days. I don't know how people survived before debit cards...what do you do when you need money?! I guess people used to carry more cash or more places accepted checks? First world problems. 

 
Anyway, because of all of this, we decided to check out our local minor league baseball team, the Jacksonville Suns. For 2 bleacher tickets, we paid just $15! Not too shabby! After robbing our piggy bank, we even managed to do what the song says and got some: 














I have to say, Cracker Jack's are not as delicious as I remembered as a kid! Despite the tummyache from my cherry Coke and peanuts and Cracker Jack's (I wanted ice cream and cotton candy and popcorn and cappuccino too...I'm like a 3 year old), it was still a really nice afternoon enjoying America's pastime. So the next time you have a free afternoon and not a ton of cash, support your local baseball team! (Tip: If you don't mind a little walk, don't pay the $5 for parking....if it's during the weekend, parking on the street is free!)

1 comment:

  1. Huh, I don't think we have a baseball team in Orlando...besides, if it's between a baseball game and Seaworld or Aquatica? I'll hit the parks ;-)

    ReplyDelete