Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chicken and Vegetable Curry Soup

I'm creating this post because I somehow created an awesome soup and I want to be able to Pin the recipe so I won't lose it forever :) After eating lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Chucherias Hondurenas, I was inspired by their beef vegetable soup that had just a hint of curry. I decided to create my own version and I was so happy with the results, I think this will become part of our dinner repertoire!

Ingredients

4 red skin potatoes
Olive oil
1-2 Chicken breasts cut into small pieces (humane certified or local)
1 Small onion, chopped
2 Stalks celery, chopped
4-5 Cloves of garlic, finely minced or pressed
2 Carrots, chopped
Sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
3-5 Small sweet peppers...it's prettier if you have multiple colors
2 tsp Better than Bouillon-Vegetable
5 cups filtered water
2 tsp Curry powder (or more if you like, I kept adding more and more to taste)
Smoked paprika
1 Bay leaf
3 Tomatoes 

Instructions

Quarter potatoes and boil until they are just starting to cook but aren't yet fork tender. Remove from hot water and set aside. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in soup pot over medium heat before adding onion and celery. Stir for 2 minutes, then add chicken, garlic, carrots, sea salt and pepper and saute until chicken is no longer pink. Add 2 tsp Better than Bouillon, water, potatoes, curry powder, paprika and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium low until potatoes are tender. Add tomatoes for the last 5 minutes of cooking and then ejnoy!

Disclaimer: Since this is made up, there is a good chance I added a bit more water, salt, whatever to suit my tastes. Feel free to play with this recipe until it's exactly what you want to eat for dinner :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment