Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ryan's 30th Birthday

I am a failure. That's all there is to it! I tried to organize a surf trip for Ryan for his 30th birthday with all of his friends and I failed miserably. Apparently, a down economy is the worst time to ask people to join you in Puerto Rico for a trip.
I can't blame them! The only reason it would be relatively inexpensive for us is because PR is so close to Florida.

We are still taking this surf trip at some point this year (if it kills me) but it won't be his birthday weekend and it will probably just be the two of us. I am fine with all of this but I think I'd be more fine if I hadn't blabbed to everyone about this AWESOME birthday I was planning for him...now, I will be revealed as a giant SHAM and failure of a human being. (Dramatization is part of the mourning process...I'm mourning the surf trip birthday)

If I were to do it again, I would have made some changes:

1. I would have picked the actual place we wanted to go to. We wanted to go to Nicaragua but figured more people might be able to go if we went to Puerto Rico because the plane tickets were like $200 less. By the time we realized that nobody could go, we decided to just go to Nicaragua like we originally planned...then we relized that February isn't the best time for surfing there (according to a few web sites Ryan read) and that we're better off going another month.

2. I would have spent more time on a back up plan. This is a 30th birthday! It should be memorable and awesome...now, with only a few weeks left, I'm scrambling to put something together that won't suck.

I think I have learned a very important lesson from all of this: never dream.

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend is rebuilding a hotel in Nicaragua.... I'll let you know when it finishes! If you still decide to take the trip, we'll give everyone a sweet deal <3 Chasity

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! We're definitely going, just when the waves get better :)

    ReplyDelete