Friday, March 29, 2013

Enjoying my last cup of coffee

Almost....gone...noooo
I feel a little sad, savoring my last cup of coffee at work before we start the cleanse on Monday. I also had to turn down lunch out with my co-workers...this was practice for when I really can't eat out April 1-21. Well, I could eat out but I'd have to order such a boring lunch that it would ruin the fun. I'm being very melodramatic about all of this, it's really not that bad....see?? You should totally do it with us!!

Army Duck wants you to eat the jelly beans
Things that will be super hard for me this year: ice cream, candy, soda, SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR........it's a sickness. A friend of mine (click the link to her FB page, she is super positive and her posts inspire me) recently gave up all non-naturally occurring sugars and artificial sweeteners and while I couldn't commit to it when she did, I'm pretty much forced into it during the Clean Program. The first year we did the cleanse, we could use agave syrup and I did...a LOT. This year, we can have Stevia (BARF, will not eat, I hate it), Coconut Nectar (never tried, going to look for it this weekend), Yacon (WTH is YACON?!), Whole Fresh Fruit (my biggest craving fixer...it takes forever to eat an apple or spoon out a kiwi and usually does the trick), dried fruit (sparingly) and monkfruit (again WTH). I already know of a few recipes (chocolate chip cookies) that will help me avoid Little Debbies and Starburst jelly beans (conveniently located next to Reginald the cactus on my desk), I need to look into a few others and make sure I have an arsenal of Clean snacks to keep me on the straight and narrow. Have you found any amazing Clean-friendly recipes? Share them in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment