Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 10

Chickpeas still crispy from Sunday

Last night's dinner was a success! The kiwi lime slushy? Would have been awesome if I hadn't put almost a liter of club soda in the blender...it called for 12 oz....whoops! It ended up being more like a lemon/lime (I had to use lemon juice too b/c my lime sucked and had no juice) soda. So, still pretty good but not slushy quality. After all of this activity, Ryan and his sister spent the rest of the evening brewing beer. It was a very active kitchen night. Today is pretty boring food-wise because it's simply leftovers and the same ol', same ol' but on a completely unrelated note; I did want you guys to see my friend's new website for the cigar box guitars he makes. Super cool. I love things that are repurposed, it makes me want to be more creative and find ways to reuse the things I find. 

Today's Menu

Breakfast: Peach, cashew, chia and almond milk smoothie
Snacks: Apple, coconut chocolate bites, roasted chickpeas (found the best recipe to make them crispy, visit this site for instructions)
Lunch:  Leftovers from last night: crockpot chicken (turned out amazing but I made the mistake of cooking it on low for 8 hours instead of cooking on high for 4-5 hours as the recipe called for. It was a lil too soft but still delicious so there were no complaints!), autumn slaw (can't say enough good things about this) and brown rice.
Dinner:TBD




No comments:

Post a Comment