Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 2


"Like" us on Facebook for updates on our cleanse, it's not too late to join us :)
Need to make some crackers and other snacks tonight!


Acquired a terrible headache yesterday that lasted until this morning. Side effects of detoxing from sugar and caffeine? Can't know for sure but it was miserable. I could not think and had to lay down while Ryan made our smoothie and lunch for today. I think that's also why I messed up our soup (put too much water, so there wasn't really room to add the coconut milk) or....maybe I'm just a terrible chef...hmm...

I'm thinking I need to make a bajillion snacks tonight so we are eating enough calories during the day to not be grumpy zombies in the evening when we can't eat solids. I'm not trying to lose weight, so I don't feel the need to restrict myself. As long as I'm generally following the guidelines of the cleanse and eating "Clean" foods, I should be okay.

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: Raspberry/Chia/Coconut Milk/Almond Milk/Almond Butter Smoothie

Snacks: Apple, pear, kiwi, almonds, all of the green tea

Lunch: Humanely raised chicken sauteed with garlic and onions served over a salad of mixed greens, carrots, cucumbers, and chopped celery. I made a dressing with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar, a few sprinklings of mustard powder, salt and pepper (Roughly the recipe from the Clean Program Meal Plan). It was really good. I will keep that recipe :)

Dinner: Raspberry, walnut, chocolate powder, chia, flax and almond milk smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment