Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 9

Crockpot time!



I love technology!! As I type this, my crockpot is getting itself ready to cook me a delicious chicken while I'm at work and my little vacuum robot (both Christmas presents) is taking care of the plethora of sand and hair that has made itself at home on my tile floor since we last ran the lil robot on Sunday. With a dog, a cat and my constant shedding, the robot keeps me sane and frees up time to speak to an imaginary audience on the internet: the FUTURE! I named her Consuela (like the cleaning lady on Family Guy, she's hilarious) but now I'm thinking that is racist, so I should probably come up with a non-offensive name like, Steve. Dinner table discussion for tonight! Any name ideas?

Today's Menu

Breakfast: Peach, walnut, chia and almond milk smoothie
Snacks: Roasted chickpeas, apple, pear, coconut/chocolate bites
Lunch: Leftover broccoli/snap pea soup for me, smoothie for Ryan
Dinner: Whole chicken (adapted from recipe on link) roasted in the crockpot with 4 chopped carrots, an onion, 2 stalks of celery, 4 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, chili powder, mustard powder and onion powder (I also soaked the chicken in salt water overnight). Served with brown rice and autumn slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment