Friday, April 5, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 5



It's Friday!! Hooray! Let's break out the pizza, ice cream, popcorn and...oh, wait. BOO!! My optimism from the other day has faded! I think it's because I haven't had my morning smoothie yet and I'm hungry but I could really go for some donuts. I guess this just means I need to find some delicious "Clean" snacks for this weekend! I have been eyeing some recipes for Clean friendly nachos and almond butter cookies all week, I can get cooking tonight. I'm feeling better already :)

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Some smoothie Ryan created this morning because we forgot last night. I think it's raspberry, flax, cocoa powder coconut and coconut milk but I'm not 100% sure. 

Snacks: Apple, chocolate and walnut scones, almonds (light on the snacks today...that's what you get for not preparing!)

Lunch: Same as yesterday. Chickpea/broccoli mixture

Dinner: MYSTERY. Although, I have been digging these "creamy" vegetable soups. I adjusted the leek/asparagus recipe and substituted onion and spinach last night to create the photo pictured above. Very satisfying. **Update** I ended up making creamy broccoli soup :) Ryan keeps asking if we can have a different type of dinner but it's so easy!! Frozen broccoli, onion, garlic, coconut oil, almond milk, salt and pepper, and nutritional yeast. Easy peasy and so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment