Monday, April 15, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 15

Just look at the lil bastards
It finally happened...I broke! We had a delightful assortment of cloud like pastries and coffee at work today for an event I worked at through lunch and by 12:45 pm, I couldn't resist their siren call. It was totally worth it. I think it's now a built in part of my cleanse to cheat once each year. Year 1 it was Denny's, Year 2 it was Panera (hazelnut coffee and chocolate chip cookie...drool) and Year 3 is the year of the delicate, cloud like, powdered sugar topped, chocolate creamy filled confection and a half cup of coffee. And I don't care who knows it!!! Maybe it's my sugar addled brain speaking but I don't think it's worth having a pure, "clean" body if it means being totally miserable emotionally. Should I be eating healthy foods the majority of the time? Yes, duh. But the occasional treat will not kill me and it is a part of life I really enjoy. Balance. This means not going back to my nonstop sugar filled days but maybe not cutting it out all together either.

Today's Menu

Breakfast: Zucchini muffin (okay, maybe I set myself up for failure by having a solid for breakfast which is a rule breaker). Ryan was good and had a smoothie, he has much more self control than I do.
Snacks: The best pastry and coffee of all time...and an apple :)
Lunch: Seasoned chicken with broccoli and forbidden rice (also known as black rice but today's just one of those days)
Dinner: Chocolatey-coconut blueberry smoothie with almond milk, cashews, flax and chia...just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment