Monday, April 8, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 8

Coconut/Chocolate bites



Not much to report today, my friends. Since I made all of our food yesterday, I am just coasting today :) Tonight I'll get the ingredients ready for tomorrow's crockpot whole chicken! Ryan's sister is coming to see us, so we are switching our liquid evening meal with our solid lunch meal so we can enjoy dinner with her. I figured whole chicken with vegetables is pretty well liked, even by those not on a cleanse. I'll post the recipe later! 

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Blueberry, pear, lemon juice, almond milk and cashew smoothie
Snacks: Coconut chocolate bites (pictured above) I dusted them with chocolate powder to look pretty, apple, roasted chickpeas
Dinner: Broccoli, snap pea, garlic, and almond milk soup. Made the same way as the asparagus/leek soup from last week but I put a few too many veggies in there and it was more like baby food...whoops!


Here's a pic of the guac from yesterday....it was so good! We used the Food for Life brown rice tortillas...cut into 8th's and baked directly on the oven rack at 400 degrees. The guacamole is one avocado, juice from half a lime, chopped onion, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper...served with rinsed black olives. 
Guacamole with brown rice tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment