Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 6

Creamy broccoli soup
Saturday! A day of rest...ha! Yeah right! I think we gave up our days of rest when we bought our house :) At least we had time to bike to the two farmer's markets in our town before slaving away the rest of the day on pressure washing and cleaning up rust spots on our house (perk of living at the beach!). On our bike ride, I learned the hard way (Okay, yesterday I said that I nearly died...looking back, that may have been a slight exaggeration) that exercise without snacks is a big no no on the cleanse. Lesson learned! I was felt super weak and light headed and had to lay down for a while when we got home. After a few of Ryan's delicious clean pancakes, I felt much better but hopefully you will learn from my mistakes! 

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Beet, celery and carrot juice
Snacks: Raw, vegan coconut bar from the farmer's market, a kiwi and chocolate walnut scones
Lunch: Kohlrabi fries, pancakes with almond butter and berry syrup
Dinner: Creamy broccoli and onion soup (I have to come up with something different for tomorrow night, Ryan will probably roll his eyes if I make one more creamy (insert vegetable here) soup)
Kohlrabi fries...delicious
 Ps. Kohlrabi fries are SUPER easy to make. Cut into fry-like shapes, toss with a lil olive oil and sea salt and throw in the oven (or gently place in the oven) at 350 until slightly crispy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment