Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 3

"Like" us on Facebook for updates on our progress on the cleanse
Okay, so it's day 3 and I'm feeling a LOT better. It started last night and I don't know if it was the lack of headache and body aches but I had a bunch of energy last night. So much, in fact, that I made chocolate walnut scones! These scones are labor intensive (see photo below of muddling dates into a paste) but I had energy to make them, roasted chickpeas and the dressing for our salad today (I also danced around while I did it)! You may notice that the scones more closely resemble chocolate lava cakes than scones but that is because I didn't chop the dark chocolate into small enough pieces. Lesson learned. I think they'll be delicious anyhow but they do look pretty funny! Ryan wants to hit a few tennis balls tonight and exercise and I told him that he can't unless he ups his calories (I am very bossy). He takes the cleanse WAY too seriously. Like, more seriously than the people at the Clean Program. I told him he can't be so strict and needs to eat! He made himself a vegetable juice and thinks that will cut it. He's going to be miserable tonight but not me! I refuse to go hungry for any reason. Fasting is just not in my repertoire.




Today's Menu: 

Breakfast: Walnut/Chia/Blueberry/Chocolate Powder/Flax/Almond Milk Smoothie

Snacks: Chocolate Walnut Scones, Roasted Chickpeas, Pear, Kiwi, Carrots, Avocado (I don't think I'll actually eat all of this but I wanted to be prepared after the hunger jungle I found myself in yesterday!)

Lunch: Same as yesterday. Humanely raised chicken sauteed with onion, garlic, sea salt and whatever other spices Ryan decided to add. Mixed greens, carrot, cucumber, and the dressing (pictured) made of 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar, a few shakes of mustard powder, sea salt and black pepper.

Dinner: Asparagus and Leek Soup, made with almond milk instead of coconut milk (much better this time around) we were supposed to have that last night but had a smoothie instead..for no reason at all...except WE WERE STARVING!! Soup was not going to cut it. Well, we could have added nuts or something I suppose to beef it up but a filling smoothie was just what we needed.

I am pleased to report that I am not really missing sugar. The smoothies are made without sweetener and I like them just fine. I tried a little of the coconut nectar crystals last night and it's very similar to brown sugar. The smell is INCREDIBLE though. Like a warm, delicious hug from the Caribbean. I'm feeling a lot more confident about the cleanse and the note I wrote to us on Sunday is turning out to be a self fulfilling prophecy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment