Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Clean Program: Year 3, Day 17

Chocolate cherry "ice cream"


I sure hope nobody reads my Clean Program posts hoping for a good cleanse role model. I suck. I just can't be a Gwyneth or a Ryan even. All I can think about is french fries and pizza and COFFEE!!! "Well, Brandy, why do you torture yourself on this journey each year?" is what my imaginary audience says and to that I say "To remind me that eating french fries and pizza should not be my norm."


Today's Menu

Breakfast: Cinnamon, peach, raspberry, almond milk, cashew smoothie
Snacks: Zucchini muffins, apple, almonds
Lunch: Chicken over mixed greens, zucchini, carrot and with Bolthouse farms raspberry vinaigrette. It is pretty close to being Clean friendly but might be a little off. This was a last minute decision when I realized I forgot to make our dressing...better than Ranch?
Dinner: We had a Surfrider meeting tonight at a seafood restaurant and as the platters of fried fish wafted by, I ordered a salad...hold the tomatoes, feta and croutons. I'm over the cleanse. Ryan made some chocolate cherry "ice cream" (frozen cherries mixed with chocolate powder and chocolate in the juicer using the homogenizing thingy) when we got home because he refuses to cheat at all and didn't order anything. He shared because my salad did not cut it and he's a nice man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment